Monday, February 1, 2010

White on Road

I will take one more day to revel in the winter we experienced this past week end.  The roads into the big city were all dry and clear this morning, meaning my commute was without mishap.  The only difficulty I have experienced in relevance to the snow fall, was the ascent to the gate leading from our farm.  Our neck of the woods witnessed sleet and snow accumulations of about 3-4 inches. This is significant where highways are cleared infrequently and the liberal use of salt doesn't necessarily exist.  In defense of the Arkansas Highway Dept. they do have a few snow plows and they spread salt mixed with sand on the bridges.  A couple of days pass before my routes are clear enough for me to travel, but that is another story.

I wanted to show how the weather transformed our little piece of heaven here in Arkansas.

 

 

That ribbon of road snaking by the tree line leads to the gate of our farm.  Three inches of ice and snow lay on the surface of that road.  For me, three inches is enough to separate me from the rest of the world. I could not take my front wheel drive through that gate yesterday.  That does not mean Corvette Man couldn't do it.  It means I am incapable of it.The tires continued to spin every time I stepped on the gas. I am pathetic when it comes to these sorts of surfaces.

Isn't the scenery beautiful?  The trees were coated with a thick layer of frozen frost.
This was our winter slice.

Love, Jeannene

No comments:

Post a Comment